Dental Implant Placement
Your Gateway to Great Dental Care
Experience the Difference at Southcoast Dental
Dental Implants in Wareham, MA
Decayed and missing teeth not only impact your oral health but can also affect your overall well-being. At Southcoast Dental, we understand the daily challenges that dental issues can bring; dental implants offer a modern and effective way to restore your smile, enhance your oral health, and regain confidence. Our team is here to help you achieve a smile that’s not only beautiful but also functional and long-lasting.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are tooth replacement solutions that are designed to mimic the natural structure of a tooth and offer a permanent and durable replacement. A dental implant consists of three essential components:
- Implant Root: The implant root is surgically placed into the jawbone, where it functions as a stable and secure anchor. Over time, the implant root fuses with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration, ensuring a strong foundation for the replacement tooth.
- Abutment: The abutment is a connector piece that attaches to the implant root. It extends above the gum line and provides a secure attachment point for the crown.
- Crown: The crown is the visible part of the dental implant, and it resembles a natural tooth in both appearance and function. Crowns are crafted to match the color, shape, and size of your existing teeth, ensuring a seamless and aesthetically pleasing smile.
What Conditions Do Dental Implants Fix/Treat?
Dental implants are an effective solution for addressing various dental issues and conditions. We understand that every patient’s situation is unique, and dental implants offer tailored solutions to restore both oral health and confidence. Here are some common dental issues and conditions that dental implants can successfully fix and treat:
- Missing Teeth: Whether you’ve lost a single tooth due to injury or have multiple gaps in your smile, implants offer a stable and permanent solution.
- Tooth Decay: In cases where tooth decay has damaged a tooth beyond repair, extraction may be necessary. Dental implants can replace the lost tooth without affecting adjacent healthy teeth.
- Failed Restorations: If you have previously received dental bridges or dentures that no longer provide the desired function or comfort, dental implants can be used to secure and stabilize these restorations, improving their performance.
- Bone Loss: Tooth loss can lead to bone loss in the jaw, which can affect the overall structure of your face and smile. Dental implants promote bone preservation and stimulate natural bone growth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
At Southcoast Dental, we provide our patients with the highest standard of dental care, and dental implants play a crucial role in achieving this goal. Here is a list of the advantages that come with choosing dental implants:
- Improved Aesthetics: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, restoring your smile’s appearance and boosting self-confidence.
- Enhanced Functionality: With dental implants, you can enjoy the full functionality of your teeth, including biting, chewing, and speaking, just as you would with natural teeth.
- Long-Lasting Solution: Dental implants are designed to be a permanent tooth replacement option, potentially lasting a lifetime with proper care.
- Preservation of Adjacent Teeth: Unlike traditional bridges that require the alteration of adjacent teeth, dental implants do not affect neighboring healthy teeth, preserving their integrity.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants are easy to clean and maintain, promoting good oral hygiene and reducing the risk of gum disease and decay.
- Comfort and Stability: Dental implants are securely anchored in the jawbone, eliminating the discomfort and instability often associated with removable dentures.
- Customized Treatment: Each dental implant treatment is tailored to meet the unique needs and goals of the patient, ensuring personalized care.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
When properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them a wise investment in your oral health and well-being. The lifespan of dental implants is influenced by several factors, including the patient’s oral hygiene practices and overall health. We emphasize the importance of regular check-ups and maintenance to ensure the longevity of your dental implants. Our experienced team provides comprehensive guidance on oral care routines and offers tips for maximizing the lifespan of your implants.
Dental Implant Dentist in Wareham, MA
If you’re seeking a permanent, natural-looking solution for missing teeth or other dental issues, we invite you to contact us to schedule a dental consultation at Southcoast Dental in Wareham, MA. Our team, led by Dr. James Kiehl, is here to guide you through every step of the dental implant journey. Whether you have questions, need more information, or are ready to schedule a consultation, we’re just a phone call or click away.